For my parents. Lots of love!
6/25/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello All! I'm on the road again, but this time with the Peace Corps. I'll be living in Georgia for the next two years, so here is where you can get my fabulous updates! Love you all lots, and if you want a post card or two let me know. Care packages are ALWAYS welcome. Love!
For those followers of Claire's blogspot, this happens to be the place where Curtis (her dad) & I met. Neither of us was looking to find another American. That was for sure. But I had missed my train to see some art work in a church south of Brindisi and had some time to kill. It was raining. Cold. Palm Sunday. 1976? In walked two guys from the infamously tiring train from Roma, needing coffee. I helped direct them to the ticket person who then gave the coffee order.
ReplyDeleteThey were heading to Istanbul. I saw art history slides in my head. I was asked, not by Curtis, but by Lief Eriksson, his red headed travelling companion (ooh the history of names!) if I wanted to join them. The rest is history, played out over a course of at least four years. For all of you sweethearts out there, remember that good things take time. And this is a fun story of love that has lasted an amazingly long time.