12/21/2009
Helsinki: A Winter Wonderland
If you recall a few posts back I asked for some snow, and boy did I get some snow. It seems, though, that everyone around the world is enjoying the beginnings of a White Christmas. When I arrived in Helsinki a few days ago it was snowing, and I couldn't keep the smile off of my face. I loved it. The entire time I have been in this city there has been snow on the ground, and finally it really feels like winter. Thank you, Helsinki! Right now, however, it is still snowing and it's about 4:45am and I'm in the Vantaa Airport waiting to catch my plane. Considering that basically the entire world has had major plane delays or cancellations these past few days, (40% of flights from Paris were cancelled yesterday, not to mention the Eurostar train getting stuck in the chunnel!) I'm hoping that everything goes off without a hitch. I have one flight from here to Riga, and then a quick quick transfer to another plane to fly to Vilnius where I meet Emilija and Kevin! For those of you who don't know I'm spending Christmas with them in Lithuania, and I'm SUPER excited. Anyway, I have to get on the plane, but hopefully I'll see you all on the other side and that my little propeller plane will do it's job. Here I go to test my new "not as afraid as I was before" flying self.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment