9/29/2009
San Francisco!
So right before I leave for a year I decided to take a trip out to the west coast to visit some friends since I won't see them for a very very long time. I flew into San Fran on the 25th and have been staying with Rachel and Kevin in Noe Valley. First of all, their apartment is ADORABLE. The view there is killer, and looks over downtown San Francisco as well as the Bay Bridge. The first night we went to a Giants game where we met Megan Trevino, a friend from GW, and then we all headed out and ended up at a place called the Elbow Room. After a few drinks we all crammed into an old black and white photo booth and took some very candid shots. I've left those on Rach and Kev's fridge, so if you ever get the chance.... The second day we explored downtown, had a BBQ out on the porch and met up with some more GW people. We also went to Dolores Park where there was a man on a bicycle with speakers blasting Michael Jackson. Of course, a dance party started, and it was tons of fun. Yesterday we chilled, went to the SFMOMA to see the Richard Avedon show and went out to dinner. Today Brooks flew in from LA and Rach, Kev, Brooks and I went to wine country. We explored Sonoma all day and made it to about four different wineries. The last one was a champagne tasting, and we enjoyed the amazing views while sipping champagne and eating our fudge that we had purchased in the town square. Tonight's the last night and we plan on going out for a last hurrah before I leave tomorrow. All in all it has been a great trip and I am so glad that I came out here. Seeing some great friends is just the send off I need. Love you all, and come join me if you can. Write soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sylvester the cat says you should come home a few times during your travels. You know, to do laundry, get your teeth checked, pet him. He's very smart. He wants postcards from Rome.
ReplyDelete