11/06/2009

I want to be a part of it, New York, New York!!!

I just had to say, AHHHHHH YANKEES!  I've been staying up watching all of the games until the wee hours of the morning, and I'm SO HAPPY that we won.  It deserved a blog post.  The Yankees are the best and I wish I could have been at the parade today.  Thank goodness my mom already got me a sweatshirt saying World Champions.  I plan on wearing when I get back home next October when we're in the playoffs again.  Let's Go Yankees!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of you being home next year for another play-off series! Today was beautiful, clear,sunny and crisp. Perfect for a parade of champions going down the canyon of heroes....I even bought the Daily News for the extra coverage and fab photos. There will no doubt be more tomorrow. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. poooop on the Yankees. Thats right, I said it. Just kidding, sort of :)

    Love you baby, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire!Couch surfing sounds great. I'd heard about it in Matt Gross's NYTimes Frugal Traveler blog. I thought to be part of it you had to make your home available to travelers too, but I ran into your mom at the Y, and she said no. Anything that lets you meet real people who live in a country is the best way to travel. Another idea if you're interested: Dick does walking tours of NYC thru big Apple Greeter. There's a Global Greeter Network with branches in many British & French cities; here's the link: http://www.bigapplegreeter.org/06-resources/03-links.html. It's free. Most greeters are probably older than the people you'd meet couch surfing. We did it in Melbourne and liked our greeter so much we kept in touch. In Dec. he'll be in NY & we'll give him a couple of tours. Keep having fun! Ginny

    ReplyDelete